Slitherine and Black Lab Games announce a new game based on one of the best sci-fi reboots in years, Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock.
With all the high praise the rebooted Battlestar Galactica gained, I’m surprised there wasn’t a decent game based on that franchise.
Whilst I remember at least one official game based on the original 1980’s series, I also recall a rather basic Xbox Live Arcade game based on the reimaging.
The fans have been creating their own unofficial games with reskinned versions of games such as Homeworld and Freelancer. That’s just two of the many fan-made creations.
This new strategy game from Slitherine and Black Lag Games promises new stories with familiar places, events and characters.
As the official website states, a four-year war between humans and Cylons is about to change.
Four years of war and a steep price in human lives have not been enough to unlock a deadly stalemate. The Colonials have countered all the Cylon’s offensives so far, but no decisive victory was achieved.
The deadlock is suddenly broken by a surprise attack from the Cylons and the brutal annihilation of the Colonial Fleet High Command on Picon. The fate of mankind is now resting on the shoulders of Rear-Admiral Lucinda Cain.
The secret, cunning plan she has conceived could turn the tide of the war forever…
The game also boasts these impressive sounding features including both planning tactics for fleets whilst also being able to play in 1v1 player battles.
- Command The Colonial Fleet: Design and build fleets of powerful capital ships. Recruit officers to protect the Twelve Colonies. From the Manticore corvette to the mighty Jupiter class Battlestar, you won’t be short on firepower.
- Legendary Names: Continue the legacy of Battlestar GalacticaTM with new characters and familiar faces, in an original story set during the First Cylon War. Launch Viper squadrons and Raptor scouts and jump the Galactica in to dominate the battlefield. An authentic Battlestar GalacticaTM experience awaits.
- WEGO 3D Tactical Battles: Intense tactical space battles in full 3D. Give commands to your fleet of capital ships and watch the explosive results play out in pause-able real-time across beautiful, 4k supported environments.
- War Room Politics: From the bridge of the Daidalos shipyard you will command the entire Colonial Fleet. Build up your forces and jump them across the quaternary solar system of Cyrannus. Keep the Colonies safe and the Quorum of Twelve unified, lest the alliance break and introduce a new age of Cylon dominance.
- The Cylon Threat: Prepare to face relentless opposition. Defend against squadrons of Cylon Raiders and missile salvos from Basestars. Trust in your marines to fight off Centurion boarding parties, while your firewalls slow down the hacking attacks of the Wardriver electronic fighters. Unlock blueprints for new ships, munitions and squadrons to help defeat your tireless foe.
- Join Forces: Experience Battlestar multiplayer like never before! Outwit your opponent in fierce 1-v-1 fleet battles.
Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock will be released later this year on Microsoft Xbox One, Sony Playstation 4 and PC via Steam.